<< WebHome


Visa Extension Guide for non-EU students

This is a mostly unofficial guide for non-EU students needing visa extensions once they are already in Poland, with no guarantees.

Application checklist

In order to successfully file a temporary stay card application, you need to have the following items assembled before you go to the Visa office.


  1. application form (1 copy – available on line – fill out one in Polish and photocopy it-)
  2. bank statement showing a balance of at least 800 PLN per month for one year (minimum living expenses) and 2500 PLN (for a flight home) for a total of at least 12100 PLN (1 copy – they want the original so make a copy for yourself)
  3. passport photos (4 copies – make sure you get the correct size – tell the photographer it is for a temporary stay card, Karta Pobytu in Polish, passport-sized photos are also accepted)
    photograph - intact, in colour, measuring 35 x 45 mm, made in the past 6 months, against a light background, having good focus, clearly showing the eyes and face from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders, so that the face occupies 70-80% of the photo; photograph should show the person without a hat and dark glasses, looking straight ahead with eyes open, not covered by hair, with a natural facial expression and mouth closed;
    Note: A foreigner wearing a head covering in accordance with the principles of his religion can attach to the application a photograph showing him wearing head covering, if the image of the face is fully visible. In this case, the application shall be accompanied by a statement by the foreigner's on belonging to a religious community.
  4. payment of processing fee (1 copy – you need to give them the original receipt so make a copy for yourself first – as of this writing the cost was 340,00 PLN)
    Pay this fee on the ground floor before the appointment time.
  5. proof of health insurance (1 copy – contract or agreement (i.e. from NFZ) plus proof of payments made for the entire LAST YEAR). Proof of payment can be bank statements (printed) or photocopies of originals or photocopies of receipts if you paid via the post office.
  6. proof of habitation in Poland (1 copy – copy of rental agreement, plus proof of payment of rent). Bring letter from the dorm manager if staying in the dorm.
  7. registration document (1 copy – issued by the registration office by the Torun City Hall, pay 17 PLN for original certificate)
  8. valid passport showing pages with picture and other details, as well as any pages with recent transit stamps (1 copy)
    *photocopy info page, visa page and every stamp in the passport
  9. proof of enrolment at the university and payment of fees (1 copy – this letter can be obtained from the Dean's office)
    *show proof of scholarship/stipend and exemption from tuition fees if available


Documents that are not in Polish, with the exception of your passport, must be translated via an official translator if they are not already written in Polish. Translator contact information is included at the end of this document.

1) Ms. Biruta Gruszecka.
Address: Przy Skarpie street 70F/78, 87-100 Toru˝
NIP: 8791594855 | REGON 340019720
Phone number: +48 691 888 897
Email: gruszecka at biurotlumaczen-torun.pl

-- BoudRoukema - 04 Mar 2020 +...
Topic revision: r1 - 04 Mar 2020, BoudRoukema
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © CC-BY-SA by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is copyrighted under CC-BY-SA by the contributing authors unless otherwise noted.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback